Post A Newbies Guide to Commerce

Sorry if this has been posted already, but this is for a friend, and for all the returning inactive players who have no idea what's going on. With that aside, lets begin.
    Overview
    Commerce is a new system implemented in the new G15 patch,"Merchant of Venice." Along with this patch, Fomorian weapons have been introduced, which cannot be upgraded, but are more powerful than their standard human counterparts. Also implemented are "Ducats", a Fomor currency used in all commerce interactions and purchasing of Fomorian weaponry.

Starting Out
    To start, the player receives 300 Ducats, if you run out of Ducats, you receive 500 to compensate. Trading posts, where you can acquire goods to trade, can be found in every city in Uladh. In a trading post, there will be 3 NPCS. One, the trade helper, will give you unusable goods to sell in other towns. On either side of him, there will be a giant monster that may love meat who sells you better methods of transporting goods, and an imp, who will sell you useful things for ducats, including Fomorian Weapons.

Trading
    To trade, simply purchase goods from the trade helper, and you will notice you now have an icon over your head along with a backpack. Now, simply go to another trade post, talk to the trade helper, and sell your goods. Beware of bandits, who wear *cough* fail *cough* camouflage and will try and steal your goods. Don't worry, at the beginning, they pose almost no risk, even to someone with bare hands. Once you successfully sell your items, you will get EXP, GOLD, Higher rating with the trading post you bought from, and Ducats.
    NOTE: When you select an item to buy, it will tell you what that item sells for in other trading posts, so try and find the item that will yield the most profit.
    Methods of Transportation

By now, you should have realized that trading is pretty slow, walking huge distances and all. Well, no worries! Remember that meat-loving behemoth near the trade helper? He sells all sorts of transports, which I will list below:
    1. Backpack - Default method of transportation. Has 4 slots, can support up to 400 pounds of weight, and travels at 80% of a human's speed.
    2. Handcart - 3,000 Ducats. Has 6 storage slots, can support 800 pounds, and moves at the same speed as humans.
    3. Wagon - 100,000 Ducats. Has 8 storage slots, can support 900 pounds, and moves at the same speed as a shire (188% of a humans speed).
    4. Elephant - 350,000 Ducats. Has 7 storage slots, can support 1700 pounds, and can go as fast as a running elf.

Warnings

-When you first buy a new method of transportation, make sure to select it as your way of transporting goods when in the "trading" screen.
    -As you transport larger and more expensive quantities of items, you will attract higher level bandits, including bosses. These higher-level bandits drop badges, which you can give to the imp in exchange for Ducats.
    -If you log out or switch channels while being ambushed, you will lose a quarter (25%) of whatever you were transporting.
    -Fomor weapons are very expensive to repair. Simply start a conversation with the Trade Helper, and ask him to repair your weapons.
    -Your imp may or may not ask you your phone number and may make witty comments. Best way to cope is to flat out ignore him.

Conclusion
    Thank you for reading my very imperfect guide, I hope it helped you. If there is anything you feel is missing, feel free to let me know so that I add it. Thanks!

P.S: If you are wondering what to sell, Kamau has written an excellent program on finding the most profitable items, which you can find at this thread here.
    Last edited by Seferox; 11-08-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Typo.
    -Selling some nexon cash items here
    -My (imperfect) guide on commerce here

Ohh kayy, that helps :O
    Havent really gotten to know the new system yet buh this should be great for when i can finnaly get back on <3
    Any tips for an aspiring merch?

Holy crap, my guide helped someone. I am amazed. My greatest tip would be that you buy the baby potions in Tir, and sell them in dunbarton. Only have to go through Dugald Aisle (I believe that's what it's called), and you make more than DOUBLE profit. 7 Ducats per baby potion in tir, you sell it for 17 ducats in dunbarton. Also, as soon as you can afford it, I highly recommend a handcart so you can at least go at a walking speed. You'll notice once you get the handcart that gold and ducats literally flow into your bank account (Made 60k gold in under an hour)

Ohh kayy
    Imma work on that as the first thing i do when i get on :O
    I love feeling rich <3 x3

Fox Supporter
    I hate money... I like items :3

If i have money I can have items, so why not have both =3
    Being swagg is sometimes costly xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post
    If i have money I can have items, so why not have both =3
    Being swagg is sometimes costly xD
    Exactly. With money, you can get items, but that doesn't mean you can get money with items. And if you do manage to sell items to a player, very rarely will you get the price you paid for it or want for it.

Welll i was aight at that back when i was doing it so i wouldnt go that far :O
    Buh you wanan keep your swagg items n get more so gold n ducats are needed to get more <3
    I hoard my swagg xD

Master Swordsman
    Are you sure that you lose half of your goods if you relog or change channels?
    The wiki page on commerce system, http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index....ommerce_System, does not mention anything like that.
    Based on my experience as well, I did not lose any goods when I logged out or changed channel.

You do lose some of your goods if you log out or change channel during an ambush by bandits.

Other than that, it's a good guide. I like your line about the imp xD

Quote Originally Posted by Luin View Post
    Are you sure that you lose half of your goods if you relog or change channels?
    The wiki page on commerce system, http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index....ommerce_System, does not mention anything like that.
    Based on my experience as well, I did not lose any goods when I logged out or changed channel.

You do lose some of your goods if you log out or change channel during an ambush by bandits.

Other than that, it's a good guide. I like your line about the imp xD
    Oh, my bad, I'll fix that now, you lose 25% of your goods if you log off/change channels while being ambushed.